The Great St. Vincent at Restigné
The winegrowers of Bourgueil and its area pay tribute to St. Vincent
On Saturday, January 21st 2017, the Great St. Vincent will celebrate its 32nd anniversary in Restigné at the instigation of the Commanderie of the Dive Bouteille of Bourgueil and St Nicolas-de-Bourgueil.
Programme of the Great St. Vincent
The Chapter of St Vincent takes place each year in a different village. Former winegrowers, who have played an active part in the local development through their experience and their commitment in the life of their municipality, will be inducted.
Friday, January 20
The final of the St Vincent Challenge will take place, on Friday, January 20
Saturday, January 21st 2017
- 10:15 am: St. Vincent will be carried in a procession from Benais to the Restigné town hall. According to a well established protocol for the official transfer, the Patron Saint will be given to the winegrowers of Restigné.
- 10:30am: Saint Vincent solemn mass with the participation of the Commanderie of the Dive Bouteille and the Harmony of Restigné.
- 11:45pm: vin d’honneur (welcome wine) at the salle des fêtes
- 1:00pm: Saint Vincent big meal at the skating rink of Bourgueil along with the traditional inductions carried by the Commanderie.
- Dignitaries of the Commanderie – Tel : +33 (0)2 47 97 69 93 & +33 (0)2 47 97 32 74
- Restigné town hall – Tel : +33 (0)2 47 97 32 08